Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In this crazy ,wonderful , complex, world that we live in,there are many gifts and many challenges.
Of those, some of my greatest are my family!
They bring me the greatest joy and the greatest hurt.
The greatest pride and the greatest conflict.
They are my main reason for living.
Another, is my own mind!
Though I am only one person -
One person with many thoughts and feelings-
I am caught in the middle many times.
AND I can definitely create a battle of my own right inside my own head!I am a person who would sometimes prefers to live in a dream world of  "Norman Rockwell" moments....
And I guess that can sometimes lead me down the wrong path.
But I don't like to let my thoughts go into that darker world of 
"what-ifs" too often......
It's too scary and really not very helpful!
God blessed me with a strong sense of curiosity and wonder which can sometimes be a bit of a curse!
Almost every morning I wake up saying 
"this is the day The Lord has made- let me rejoice and be glad!
I'll admit some days can be harder than others to say that - 
but what's the alternative? Let us be grumpy and sad? No thanks!

Each day is a day to learn, a day to discover, a day to grow. It doesn't have to be monumental - it can just mean you see things in a different light - like using a camera at a different angle and getting a completely different shot than the first! ( maybe that's why I like to take so many pictures!)

As this new year begins- I am looking forward to more days to learn, discover, and grow! I hope you will too!

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment