Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A frustrating day

Tried to find the rooster this morning to take a picture but no luck!! We really dont have much time at the hotel before we leave-by the time we shower ,eat, catch up on emails and have devotions its time to go! I have been rising early as usual but it still seems to go fast!
Today was our last day of service and I have to admit I am spent! In one of our first meetings about coming to Belize , they handed out journals and on the first page they pasted a penny with the words, " For we are God's workmanship or masterpiece created in Christ Jesus to do good works that God prepared in advance for us to do". We are pennies in God's hands - spend us in whatever way He chooses.....well he certainly did that!I have emptied my cup! Amy said it well this morning at devotions when she talked about when your cup is filled there is not enough room for God to fill in with his love, desires, and hopes so you need to empty or filter out some once in awhile to make room for the new!
I have given what I had to give and now I am ready to fill up with new adventures and ways to serve Him. I miss my family a lot and I cant wait to see them so that is first priority when I get home!
But for today - we had one more day to finish our work here in Belize. It was a very frustrating day because we had had 2 ORs to work in on Sat. and Sun. and had things pretty much running smoothly and then emergencies came up and the regular crew had to take over one of the ORs! That made us fall behind and we had to put all our surgeries in one room and alternate teams. We did a lot more sitting and waiting which is always hard when you want things to work like clockwork. But this mission is all about improvising and being flexible so we tried to keep plugging on. As it turned out we had to cancel 3 of the surgeries and have them come next week wehn the 2nd mission crew will be here because it was getting too late. It was sad that those people had to come a long way and wait just to be told it will have to be another time. But there was only so much we could do!
We finished up about 6:00 or so and said our goodbyes to all of the wonderful staff there and took down contact info from them so we could send them things throughout the year. They need so much!
It was 5 o'clock somwhere and much later than that when we reached Tony's! We had a few drinks, ate some fajitas and I did some blogtime - then off to bed about 11:30. We are all looking forward to our fun day in San Pedro tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment